headgasket R & R

Gentle Alfisti,
This is a confession of sorts. I'm not proud of the mistake I made, but if
this brief tragedy helps another from making the same error, my blunder will
not have been in vain. If you decide to take the head to a machine shop to
have it "lightly resurfaced" in preparation for resassembly, (I know it is
not adviseable by all enthusiasts to do this...and I don't do it anymore) do
not try to shortcut by loosening the cam journal bolts to gain valve
clearance for the machine work. The valve shims will come unseated and if you
don't check them, will have dire consequences apon restart. Take the cams
out, and record the placement of followers and shims.
modelle in somers point