Exhaustive Experiences- Correction & Prep for paint

In AD 281 I mentioned getting exhaust hardware from Grainger.  Sorry, I
meant JC WHITNEY.
So, I spent until 11:40PM last night removing bumpers, molding, etc., from
my GTV6 to get it ready to be painted. Unfortunately, I found about two
coffee cups worth of dirt and leaves in the bottom of the rear of the right
fender, where the drain plug goes out the bottom of the car.  Of course the
inner fender in that area was pushed-back which allowed the dirt, etc to
enter in the first place. So, is a little rust repair in order in that spot?
Absolutely.  Thankfully the left side was clean and clear of debris and
rust.  And, I found a bit of pitting in a spot at the back of the car,
straight down from the hatch-lock where the rear panel buts up against the
support structure which is connected to the trunk/wheel well floor.  That is
very small and can be filled via plug- welding.   The right fender will be
more of an effort.  I hear the cash register at the auto body shop ringing
already!

Rob G.
SF Bay Area