re: GTV6 blower resistor

At 8:18 PM +0000 2/18/03, alfa-digest wrote:
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 11:08:58 -0500
From: "Spencer, Graham" <Graham.Spencer@domain.elided>
Subject: GTV6 blower resistor

Does anyone know where the blower fan resistor is located in the GTV6? I'm
sure mine is bad as I only have one speed, high, but can find no reference
to it's location in the manuals. Of course the next question is are
replacements available?

Thanks,
Graham
85 GTV6
I believe it's in the HVAC box, right near the switch and the vents. I could be wrong, but I seem to recall what looked like a set of resistors right in there--I think you can see it if you look in through the vents.

Someone else suggested the firewall--I think this is highly unlikely because they get awfully hot and are for that reason generally in the ducting somewhere to keep cool.

Joe Elliott
'82 GTV6