Re: autocrossing (now: question on Grassroots)

> A Series 2 E-type is only iconic in the sense that the Elvis Presley
> of the same era was iconic--just a fat parody of its former self.
> I'm sure that the results may have been different with a proper
> mid-'60s E-type.

Ahhh... perhaps I misspoke.  The car in the article is a 1967 4.2l roadster,
which is certainly not a fat parody of its former self.  I think I tend to
(wrongly) refer to all 4.2l cars as "series 2" cars, which I guess is not
the case.  This was a covered-headlamp 4.2l, with the fully-synchro box.  By
all accounts a lovely looking car.

It's the later 4.2's and V12 that are so bulbous and hideous.

Paul Misencik
P. Roman Media
Huntersville, NC  28078
email: paul@domain.elided