Removal of Tar Type Undercoating

Ron, the undercoating you're intent on removing gets quite brittle when cold.

Park your Duetto outside on a cold day like today for a few hours. Then bring it inside, put it up on stands and lightly smack the undercoated areas of the floor with a hammer in the areas where you want to remove the undercoating. This does two things: it tends to crack the undercoating and also to release it from the metal it's sticking to.

Then tackle it with a hammer and a scraper of some sort - I used a dull 1" wood chisel. The undercoating will come off in fairly large pieces. If this sounds like a lot of work, it is. However, I can guarantee that it's far less work than trying to scrape undercoating off when it's warm and relatively soft and sticky.

Good Luck!

George
Spider Jr
Alfetta