re: liner removal

At 4:19 AM +0000 2/12/03, alfa-digest wrote:
Much as I love my hammers, from the
three-ounce Warrington to the sixteen pound sledge, low-impact pressure,
whether screws, levers, hydraulic or whatever, seems the better way where it
works. Easier to quantify, and quieter too.
This becomes very important in the event that it's 4:00AM and your parents are asleep directly over the garage. I wish I owned more handy puller-type dohickies. I did spend $54 on the "ball joint puller" from IAP a year or so ago, and it made lowering the GTV6 another 11mm in front a lot easier in December. (The first time I had it apart I was replacing the joints so I used the dreaded pickle fork.) Much to my pleasant surprise, it also worked to break my torsion bars loose (but I thought of this new use only after one smashed thumb with a 5lb sledge, and one angry, cursing, underwear-clad dad in the doorway), although I'm sure making a proper tool (a la the factory one) for the torsion bars would be a piece of cake.

Joe Elliott
'82 GTV6