Giulia sedan as artpiece

I went by Epifani Restorations in Berkeley yesterday on my way to Norman
Racing, and sitting out in the middle of the street on a dolly on a trailer,
as if on display in an art gallery, was Paolo Epifani's Giulia Super,
completely sandblasted to bare metal and about to be moved into the shop.
He's making it into a vintage race car and it is completely, I mean
completely, stripped to the bare shell.  No doors, hood, trunk link, wiring,
nuts, bolts, anything.  In spite of the evidence of old poor bodywork and
rust uncovered by the stripping, it was a piece of raw steel sculpture,
perched up in the air on a pedastal.  What a great shape, and stripped to
the bare metal you could really see how neatly it was all put together.  Now
I want to strip mine and coat it in clear lacquer to appreciate the shape.
The color and texture of the bare steel was fascinating, and hard to
adequately describe if you haven't seen it firsthand.  Of course, it was
already starting to rust, I'm sure...

Andrew Watry