RE: Auto Verde

Thanks John.   I knew you'd take the bait :)

Dreaded is the impression I got from digesters that have/had it.  Dreaded to
them, not me.  I've never owned one to like or dislike it.

I don't share the opinion on swapping out the ABS either.   With its flaws,
I'd still rather have ABS than not.   It suffered the usual heat problems on
my Platinum, maybe worse than normal.  The Verde hasn't acted up at all
(even through a hot summer in traffic).

I suppose I'm one of the few people that think the Milano is GREAT just the
way it came in Platinum and Verde forms.   Gold and Silver's don't have the
extras.  So no knock on them, I just like the upscale trim.

-Peter

> Snip...
The self-leveling suspension shouldn't be dreaded; the shocks and the valve
are more costly than standard, but shouldn't be a prohibitive service
expense
(compared to others-). They (like the ABS) are often converted back to base
specification. I understand that the reason for pairing self-leveling with
the
automatic on the Sport Sedan and the Milanos is that the sheet-steel sump
hangs a tad low and would be vulnerable on bad roads with a loaded car, but
an
aftermarket rear sumpguard would be no less reasonable than the common
engine
sump guards on 105-115 cars.