Re: Milano shifting problem

> Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 12:18:48 -0600
> From: "Peter Webb" <webb.p@domain.elided>
> Subject: Milano shifting problem (was RE: my shifter
> disengages when i go in reverse somtimes.)
>
> I'd have to disagree with mounts.   I don't see how
> the front mount would affect the trans.

it's possible. i diagnosed a problematic tranny mount
by noticing that under hard accel in 5th gear the
shifter was rotating toward the steering wheel.
basically, "5th" position was rotating to about "3rd"
position. in my particular case, i had a bolt fall out
of the mount, not the typical rubber seperating from
steel problem.

-ethan
-'87 milano gold (needs tranny mounts, dedion bushing
*and* shift linkage rebuild)
http://mailplus.yahoo.com