RE: 84 GTV6 cold start

> I recently replaced my cold start valve and when starting the
> car fires right up and attains a higher normal idle and then
> stumbles and cuts out after about 10 secs.  It will restart
> after a few cranks and then keep running normally and after
> it starts to warm up rpms come down as normal.  This happens
> when car has been sitting in cold northeast for at least
> several days.  I run it occasionally thru out the winter and
> would appreciate any feedback as to what it may be.  Bob in

I think this is a symptom of not being driven on a regular basis, low
pressure in the fuel lines, etc.

Personally, I don't think running a car every so often during winter
storage actually does it any good.  Store it properly in the fall, then
take it out in the spring, and leave it alone in between (other than any
winter projects you might have planned for it).

My .02,

bs