Re: Subject line vs. V number

this is the volume and digest number for the collected (aka "digest")
version of the list. when you "just hit reply" to a digest, that's the
default subject.

it's nice when folks clip out the subject for the message they're replying
to and replace the generic one, but many don't do that.

I find these subject-free messages speed up my scanning of e-mail -- if the
message wasn't interesting enough to identify with a subject, it's not
interesting enough for me to read. DELETE!

Digesti:
Don't take Tony's advice, there are sometimes good things in those hastily clipped digests.

Some have said before their email program won't allow changing the subject. I guess if one is using the Company's machine, they may not allow you to choose another more flexible email client. Another alternative could be starting a new message, and addressing it and typing in the subject. A bit slower; and more work, more list/digest friendly; but if there is something important to say, maybe worth the effort!

This list is much better than some; the Olympus (camera) List , facinating reading, quite often off topic but usually in a photographic way!

Bernie Bennett