Re: Alfa Romeo UK Service Standard-You'l Like This

In 1994, I bought a 1988 Porsche 944 Turbo S, and I was the third owner of
the car.  When I bought it, the car had 38,000 miles on it.  After owning it
for about four months, the head gasket blew, and I took it into an
independant shop to make sure the car was not overboosting, etc.

The shop called Porsche on my behalf and complained, saying it was a bone
stock car and knowing that Porsche had updated the gasket since the car was
built.  Sure enough, Porsche admitted that a new gasket had been created for
the car, and they asked my to take the car to the local Porsche dealer to
verify the problem.  Once I did that, Porsche paid for the repair in full.
Again, I was the third owner of the car, it was at an idependant repair
facility, and the car had been out of warranty for YEARS.

Now that's customer service.

I hope when (if?) Alfa comes back to US, they go above and beyond the call
of duty to take care of people.  After all, isn't service and maintenance
one of the major complaints with Alfa's reputation here?

Paul Misencik
P. Roman Media
Huntersville, NC  28078
email: paul@domain.elided