Fuel Use

>> I don't know what the situation is in the rest
of the world, but here road fuel is taxed heavily, while aviation fuel
isn't
taxed at all!<<

Jet fuel isnt taxed by international agreement. Fuel for piston engined
aircraft is apparently taxed (on the basis that it will be used for
internal flights). UK wise if you run your car on waste chip fat you
still have to pay fuel duty on it to the VAT man. Think there is a
reduced rate of about 25p a litre (about US$1.36 a US gallon)

However, I dont like diesel engines so I am not keen on the idea.
Maybe it would be nice to run my Alfas and bikes on alcohol,
but they have too small petrol tanks at the best of time, and
jetting changes would be rather extreeme I suspect

Furthermore, one of the things I like about Alfa engines is their
happiness to rev (especially an old 2L 8V TS engine). If one
of these engines is set up to run on an alcohol fuel, what
effect on power, torque and the way it revs would it have?

All the best

Keith