From: RC Hiatt [mailto:rchiatt@domain.elided]
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 12:07 PM
To: 'Keith, Michael S'; alfa-digest@domain.elided
Subject: RE: Anyone know the story on this car?

I have looked at it and bid on it, and I posted to this list a week ago
in case someone else was interested.

I am surprised that he listed again while his buy it now is still
running another 9 hours (in private for $1700 to those who initially bid
on the first auction). Bids went to just under $1500 the first time
around, and I am still trying to decide if this Milano is worth a
divorce. I felt the car was really worth the $2500, but I have too many
vehicles and no space. If my boat sells in the next 4 hours, I may go
for a second Alfa at the current buy it now price.

As for the car, I did not drive it, but it is in remarkable condition
physically. I found no indication that the paint is not the original.
With no road rash on the wheels, it is apparent that this car has been
taken care of. The gentleman lives a few miles from me and has sold MB's
or BM's on eBay before. He has his own vanity plate on this one, so it
appears he has been using it as personal transportation. He didn't say
if he is in the local club or not, but I doubt it.

Richard