Re: Milano verde Twin Turbo wow

My info was from a friend who did it and said that's what the dynomometer registered on his car. I make no claim to know for sure. OTOH, the basic premise is correct, enough work and the Milano 3.0 will produce that kind of HP normally aspirated.

George Graves
GTV-6

On Wednesday, Feb 5, 2003, at 21:30 US/Pacific, alfa-digest wrote:

Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 14:50:06 -0800 (PST)
From: Zamani Zambri <zzambrimail@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: Milano verde Twin Turbo  wow

Hi,

I personally don't think 240 bhp is achieveable from a milano with
shaved heads, S-cams, porting and exhaust work. That would put you at
about 210-215 bhp. Refer to the european car magazine Milano project
car.

Here is what you need for ~240 bhp.
Colombo Cams (104.292 cams from ebspares)
At least 10:1 pistons or custom (longer) rods (try not to shave the
heads)
Some porting
Headers with big primaries (~1.625" or 1.75") and nice collectors
(burnsstainless.com comes to mind)
Good exhaust system, preferrably, 2.5"
Bigger air flow meter
Higher pressure regulator (47 psi or thereabouts)

Best is to rid yourself of the L-Jetronic. It sucks. Get something
decent if you are going to all that trouble. For power, I think even
webers are better. But the SA GTV6 3.0 carb heads are EXPENSIVE.

Megasuirt sounds good. Or Domingo (also from South Africa). Microtech,
Motec and Autronic are also good. I would go for Autronic. It's a good
system. I use it and I like it.

But it's still no match for a turbo (or two). 250 bhp from a twin turbo
3.0 is a very conservative figure. The 75 3.0 TT in Holland has way
more than that. Supposedly close to 400bhp.

I would like to have a turbo car as well, but so far am having enough
on my hands with my mildly modified 3.0 (specs similar to the above).
The power of a well tuned turbo is way better than the NA.

It won't be cheap so good luck.

Zamani
http://mailplus.yahoo.com