Re: megasquirt

The difference is that Megasquirt is available as a kit you assemble
yourself for as little as $100, whereas the Motec ECU is over $2000.
Just the connectors you need to buy for the Motec wiring harness cost
more than the complete Megasquirt.  Megasquirt is being used by several
hundred people right now, and there's a very active Internet community
to support it.  The source code to the program in the microcontroller
is freely available, so if you can handle assembly language, it's the
ultimate in tweakability.

Motec is great if you're running a professional racing team, or otherwise
have lots of money to spend.  Great product.  However, there are other
perfectly servicable ECUs on the market that cost less than half as much
if you decide you don't really need MilSpec quality (or can't pay for
it, anyway).

james montebello