Re: whats the best way to add horsepower to a milano verde..without a turbo put in

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003 02:20:15 EST MRAXLROZE@domain.elided wrote:

> any healthy suggestions that wouldnt harm my engine?

absolutely the best single thing you can do is this:

1) stop spending money on hopping up the car

2) baseline the car -- go through it and get all its systems into
   sound operational condition

3) buy a SA2000 helmet and sign up for some race track based driver
   education

i know that some alfa clubs have such programs in place. up here in NY,
AROC-CT has reportedly evolved their old time trial event at lime rock into
a more educational event. however, a couple of events a  year are not
enough, so i'm going to recommend doing what i did years ago -- join the
BMW CCA and start going to their events, there are a lot of them and
they're well run.

at one point, i was doing about 10 a year. i made modest changes to my
milano (a silver -- i was using GTV-6 wheels with sticky tires, and put in
koni shocks, and that was about it.) all the money was spent maintaining
the car because it was being more heavily used, and in making me a better
driver.

i've never regretted either the time or the money. it made me a _much_
better driver.

richard