The motor is: Out

That was pretty easy. I pulled the motor out of my 164S this evening. I had everything removed according to the manual, and the actual hoisting of the engine only took about 10 minutes.

I had my wife take some pictures, and I put them up on the Wiki.

http://alfa.denovich.org/twiki/bin/view/Alfa/EngineRemoval

I prepared last week by making a trip to Walmart, where I picked up a small parts organizer, a package of self-adhesive labels, and some Sharpies. Should make keeping track of all the misc parts/bolts a bit easier when I get around to putting the motor back in. I put a whiteboard in my garage too, and it's been quite handy.

--Mark
The Alfa Wiki: http://alfa.denovich.org

BTW: Sorry if the site is a bit slow at times. Damn kids and their P2P file sharing are hogging up a ton of bandwidth. The school where it's hosted has implemented some traffic shaping to cope. Although, if you're at another school with an Internet2 connection, it should be snappy.