SPICA airbox nipples

Joe Martin Cantrell asked about the function of two "nipples" on the bottom
of the airbox for a SPICA injected Alfa:

>...one between #1 and #2 intake horns, one behind #4.
>They are about 6mm diameter, and lead directly into the
>outer plenum which leads directly into the intake tubes...
>Does anyone know what they might have been connected to?

I've seen a couple of well-preserved cars that had pieces of green plastic
hose (the same stuff used in the evaporative emission system and for fuel
line in carbureted 105s, so presumably factory) attached to those
connnections.  The hoses were maybe 10 in. long and led backward and
downward.  I presumed they were for drainage.

Dana Loomis