I made another mistake on shifting...

In my Nick's Definitive Guide to Shifting, I notice now that I made a slight
mistake.

"Correct normal gear shifts should be like this:

1. clutch in
2. gear shift from one gear to neutral
3. slight pause
4. clutch in
5. gear shift from neutral to next gear."

Should read,

"Correct normal gear shifts should be like this:

1. clutch in
2. gear shift from one gear to neutral
3. slight pause
4. gear shift from neutral to next gear."

Obviously, it would have been difficult to depress the clutch pedal at step
4 as it was already in, wasn't it?

Apologies to any loss of hair, skin, nails etc due to head-scratching.

nk

outgoing mail scanned for viruses by Norton.