Snake Oils?

>>I recently saw a product which (it is claimed) removed the water from the

petrol tank by allowing it to mix with the fuel.  They claim water and
petrol
dont mix and we could have water sitting in the tanks which could cause
problems.<<

Think it is normally methanol. This absorbs water. Water can cause problems
and has done so on motorcycles I have owned (my better halfs Kawasaki
GPZ500
seems particularly prone, possibly due to the way the petrol cap mounts).

Not only will it cause running problems, but long term it can rust through
the
petrol tank (probably not likely on a vehicle that is in regular use)

All the best

Keith