carb support rods

There are at least 2 different types out there. I have one that I removed
from a 70 Canadian spider that attaches to the carb. plenum. I have another
that was on my 73 GTV (converted from SPICA with Euro manifold) when I
bought it. It attaches to the carb. support plate. The hole spacing on the
top section is different. The plenum holes are closer together than the
support plate holes. I didn't check them for length.
Ed Prytherch

>Does anyone know if there are different lengths of carb support rods for
early stock carb'd engines (for instance, a 66 GTV) vs later euro-model
2L engines with carbs?

It's hard to believe but the velocity stacks that came off my engine
(1600CC with dual DCOEs) seem to have the top mount for the support rod
much higher than a 2L engine with carbs might have.

Does what I'm trying to describe make sense to anyone or am I just
blabbering incoherently?

TJ