Re:Dash Restoration Information

  A complaint that I have heard about Just
> Dashes (I haven't
> seen this first-hand) is that they recover the
> existing dash material
> making the gauges can be tough to install

   Hello All,

   I had Just Dashes do a dash for me in 1987.  It was
for a 72 Plymouth.  They did not cover the existing
material, but, they did not use the appropriate new
material either.  I was only marginally pleased.  The
grain was different and seemed overpadded.  It was as
if you inflated my dash just a bit.
    Well, I went ahead and installed it figuring that
it was better than before, and it only took about a
year to a year and a half for it to start falling
apart.  What I mean by that is that small voids began
to appear.  Small sunken areas.  Over the next two
years my dash began to resemble cellulite thighs.  I
was not pleased at all.
    Now I realize that the dash is black and this is
Dallas, Texas, but still if I were going to have my
dash done today I would choose someone else.
   I try to look for the positive in things and to
give them the benefit of the doubt, I would say to
myself "Maybe their manufacturing processes have
improved over the past 15 years."
    I would still probably choose someone else though.

 Mark Mucciacciaro
 81 GTV6 project to be driver
 82 Balocco #43 parts car
http://mailplus.yahoo.com