my turbo spider

Ah, the memories... Heck, some of them are still dreams!

Last year, a group of friends and I made a turbo Spider for less than $2002!!! The point was the Grassroots Motorsports $2002 Challenge, which we are entering for the '03 Challenge as well in a couple of months.

The long story can be read in the June '02 issue of Alfa Owner. The short story (parts)
Garret T3 Turbo from a Dodge
Air-water intercooler from Celica
'85 Bosch intake modified for more commonly available injectors
cheap (really) aftermarket computer (eh..)
Stock pistons cut to 8:1

The chassis has used Ward & Deane suspension, as well as well used Konis. But the car is a BLAST on the autocross course. We beat on it very hard last summer, tuned it, and are confident that we won't be complete fools down in Florida in April.

The best news is that there are 3 Alfa entries for the '03 challenge. Which was my point in the first place

Eric Storhok
Ann Arbor, MI

AROC Detroit Homepage: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~alfa/index.htm