The old fuse trick for antitheft

I use this method also in my SAAB 9000 which has a conveniently obscure location for the fuse box, but easy to access. Simply pull the fuel pump fuse and the car will not even fire. If you wanted to get more sophisticated you could pull the stock fuse and put a much too small fuse in to disguise the fact that you have done this. Common or garden variety car thieves are crapping their drawers throughout the theft procedure so aren't going to troubleshoot the car. Sophisticated thieves already have an order for your car, and it's gone even if they have to tow it!

I suspect the Alfa Romeo 164 has to be the least desirable car in North America to steal. First off, you look a bit conspicuous driving the only 164 in your neighbourhood. Secondly, you'll never re sell it. And finally, marketing the parts would be a real challenge.

Cheers

Michael Smith
White 1991 164L
Original owner