Dash restoration information

When I restored my 73 CS I had some of the dash pieces refinished by a
place in Van Nuys, CA called JustDashes (http://www.justdashes.com)

They were not cheap and the work took a few months, but the quality was
excellent and the pieces look OEM.

Those of us who own GTVs with the cardboard dash and the fake wood
"veneer" (which is really more of a contact paper than a veneer) are
faced with a challenge when it comes to refinishing the dashboard.

I decided to call JustDashes to see what they might be able to offer.
They were very helpful and said that while they could probably not get
an EXACT match of the OEM finish, they did have a number of wood
finishes that they could put on the dash.  The salesman suggested I take
a picture and email it to him and that he could then mail me some
samples of different finishes.

I'm not ready to have the dash refinished, but it's nice to know that
when I am, I may have a resource for getting close to the OEM finish.

Regards,
TJ

TJ Noto		AFM #134  	Cowpoke Racing-"Friends in Slow Places"
http://www.cowpokeracing.com
95 Ducati 916 Strada
96 Ducati Monster 900 (Chela's)
61 Ducati Falcone 80
70 Norton Commando Fastback
73 BMW 3.0 CS ("deviated from museum reliquary standard"-Perez)
97 BMW Z3 (Chela's)
77 Mercedes 280C (Mimosa)
67 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
00 Ford F150 Supercab