1972 cannonball race

       According to the list of Cannonball Competitors in the Appendix of
Brock Yates new book "Cannonball,"  Richard Jenkins and Bob Rost finished the
1972 event with a time of 38:37:00.  They supposedly drove an "Alfa-Romeo
Guilia (sic)."
       I am not sure of the spelling of Bob Brost or Rost, but Rost is what
appears in the appendix.  And yes, Alfa Romeo is hyphenated and Giulia is
misspelled - nothing new here.
       There you have everything I know about it.  I have not finished the
book, but do not expect to find glowing reports of how fast the Alfa was.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City