Compression Test

Can I safely assume that doing a compression test on a cold engine, particularly an engine that has sat for a few weeks, is practically worthless? (and by cold, I mean about 40-50F)

I was getting ready to do a valve adjustment, and wondered what I'd see on a test. The results were (in psi): 165, 170, 185, 210, 170, and 165. These numbers were quite a bit more variable when I first measured them shortly after I had parked the car... (I lost the paper I had written them on, which is why I thought I would do the test again.)

The engine in question is in my 164S.

--Mark
http://alfa.denovich.org