RE: Blistered lids

In AD V9 #198 Biba wrote:

"While I'm not sure about the late Series 3 and Series 4 Spiders, don't
believe any Alfa Spider came with sound deadening / heat insulation
padding. However Alfettas and GTV's all did (and assume Milanos also
did). Pure speculation but perhaps Alfa considered it more for sound
deadening than heat and knew a bit more 'sound' on / in a Spider might
be minor - by comparison. Or...it could be there is better cooling under
a Spider hood than on the tin tops."

I've never seen a 105/115 GTV with any padding under the hood.  My 1973
didn't, and I'm sure that it wasn't removed at sometime in its life by a
DPO...

Cheers,
John
Seattle, WA