re: theft deterrent

At 3:25 PM +0000 1/21/03, alfa-digest wrote:
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 01:06:56 -0800
From: Stacy Faught <slfaught@domain.elided>
Subject: spider anti-theft

I don't mean to be disrespectful here, but don't you think that any "pro" car
thief would have a knob similar that they could screw right in? Let's face it....

Well, I'm not too concerned about my rattiest-of-GTV6s being stolen (although I'm very reluctant to install the nice stereo speakers I got from eBay in the fall), but if I were, I think this would keep most people from stealing the car (especially a slightly more modern car with less accessible under-dash wiring):
http://www.autospeed.com/A_0059/page1.html

Joe Elliott
'82 GTV6