re: inside batteries

Even Volvo is putting batteries inside now, so they must at least think
it's OK.  On the V70 Cross Country, the battery is under a cover in the
rear section of the wagon (similar to the 164, but in the floor instead
of a side area).  Don't know whether they do it to put more weight over
the rear wheels (AWD system) or because of turbo space / temp issues
under the hood.  All the cars I drive have rear batteries, so I get
funny looks when I jump start people and pull up backward (GTV w/ A/C,
164, Volvo).

Jeff Matson
Harvard, MA
'91 164L