24 v 164 coils

>I am experiencing an intermittent "stumble" or "miss" usually at highway
>speeds on my 164LS - I think it may be one of the coils starting to fail.
>Does anyone know how I diagnose this exactly and if so how to determine
>which of the six coils is going bad?
         You can check them by removing them and looking for a white spark
trail on the upper boot where they tend to arc to the cam cover tube at the
joint where coils joins the rubber boot.

         A bit of time can be bought with some silicone dabbed on the leak,
but stock up on these coils, they are proprietary size to Alfa. Another
reason I love my 12 valvers...

Bill Harkell
AlfaBill LLC
Tampa Florida USA