Re: alfa-digest V9 #194

Although controversial from a purists point of view, I have discovered that the foam spoiler on my '85 Spider makes a nice cushion for hauling larger items. A good thick canvas tarp over the retracted convertible top provides a reasonably stable base for a sheet of plywood upon which one can carry any number of things.

Then by all means secure it all to the car as carefully as possible. Home Depot has a number of fabric tie downs which work well. Bumpers, frame, jack points, etc. best connection points. Hauled a 4'x6' poster once with liberal quantities of duct tape.

And drive slowly.

By the way is cmu.edu Central Michigan University? Snow belt sub zero temps this week?

Yikes,

tim mulavey
'85 spider veloce
boston [formerly from michigan]

I may be involved in moving a sofa with a Mazda Miata tomorrow, and I
was wondering if the Spider owners on the list have any wisdom to
share.

Thanks,
Joe