valve clearances

I think that valve clearances usually close up as the valve seating surfaces
wear. Alfa probably set them up loose so that the folks that go 100,000
miles without checking them don't burn valves.

Also, thanks to everyone who gave me advice regarding my cylinder head work.
I will drive 500 miles tomorrow to deliver the head to Hans Milo in Atlanta.

Ed Prytherch
Columbia SC