164 Windshield

I can share my experiences about my 164LS rear window being replaced twice in
he past few months. Basically if the parts look like they can be reused, they
probably can.

If the rubber isn't cracked from age and is free of glue and if the metal
strips are carefully removed it should be OK. Those are big "ifs"...an
experienced window glass installer had mixed results, replacing some parts one
time and not the other.

If you don't want to risk being without an operable car, you may just want to
buy them ahead of time just in case. Mine came from Alfaparts relatively
quickly. (A great source of parts located just across the border from here in
the People's Republic of Berkeley <grin>.)

Karl in Silicon Valley