re: GTV glass removal

Gack! Don't cut that beautiful gasket!  Why do such a thing?  The front and
rear glass can come out just fine without trashing such a rare and expensive
gasket.
I can't remember exactly how I did mine, but I also did not have to remove
the thin strip in the middle of the gasket.
Check out the digest archives, I'm sure you'll find how to remove the glass
from the early non-glued-windshield era GTV.
I had a pro do my headliner, I couldn't conceive of doing that monster in my
own time.  It wasn't cheap, but the results were wonderful.  I didn't want
to risk installing the glass myself, as if there were any leaks, there goes
my beautiful new headliner!

Steve Schaeffer
Seattle, WA
NWARC
restorer of 'Turner', '67 GTV, still dry somewhere