Re: GTV6 leather interior

You have to keep looking around. Check gtv6.org, E-Bay, Craig's List, alfaclassifieds.com, etc. I have seen complete leather interiors; front seats, back seats, door panels, the whole works, in perfect condition,show up for sale for $500. You might also try Alfa Parts Exchange in Tracy CA. They are an auto dismantler/recycler specializing in Alfas (1-209-833-8330). Sometimes they get wrecked GTV-6s with good leather interiors. Also, places like International Auto Parts in Virginia (1-800-726-0555) sell leather re-upholstery kits for GTV-6s, but at about $2600, the upholstery is a bit dear - especially when you factor-in the added cost of having some local upholstery shop do the installation (which most people would require. Its not really a do-it-yourself project if you don't know how).

George Graves
'86 GTV-6

On Monday, Jan 13, 2003, at 02:35 US/Pacific, alfa-digest wrote:

Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 14:13:07 -0800
From: "Eric Valley" <ericvalley@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: GTV6 leather interior

Gentlemen (and the odd lady if there are any):

First-timer here; love the resource. I saw a GTV6 on sale on E-Bay or
somesuch for a reasonable price, say $2,500.00, might have been more,
unfortunately East Coast, which for this South Puget Sounder (near
Olympia) put it out of the question - what interested me most was that
the car had leather seats, front and back. My '85 GTV6 has god-awful
dark brownish-with-dark-tan striped cloth seats and door panels.

Obvious question: does anybody know where I can get replacement leather
seats for less than the cost of reupholstering in leather? (Or a parts
car cheap?) (I've checked wrecking yards within the rather-immediate
area and found none.)

Thanks and Happy New Year.

Eric Valley
'85 GTV6