Michelin TRX and other old tires

It's Coker Tire, not Cooper, that bought the old TRX molds, and lots of
others, from Michelin and still makes them. They have a ton of old-style
tires, at what are to me outrageous prices, but I guess that's market
economics for you.  I have an 85 535i BMW with 200/60-390 TRXs on it, and
we just got 45,000 happy high-speed miles out of them. Rather than give
Coker $265 per tire, I poked around and found two good used sets in the
Bay Area for under $200 per set, with wheels.

Andrew Watry