Disconnecting Battery Leads Warning

One comment for those with later model cars. During my problms with the 164
24valve 3.0 and the keycode I have found that dissconecting the battery
resets the system. If you try and start the car with one of the secondary
keys after reconnecting the battery it wont start and will only go again
with the master key. You have to start the car with the master immedeately
after connecting the battery then turn it off and start it immedeately with
the secondary. It will then continue to start with the  secondary. So the
moral is dont take the battery leads off unless you have the master key with
you!!!

Mike salter
164 3.0 24 valve pain in the backside.