Spider not passing smog test

I'm confused with "156 over 140" and what that means.  I had a problem with NJ emissions a year ago with my NOC being too high.  After failing twice I replaced the spark plugs with Bosch Platinum 4s.  I also replaced the air filter and did an oil and oil filter change.  I filled the tank with Amoco 93 octane and drove my Spider for over an hour before heading over to the DMV.  During the drive I did an Italian tune-up.  As planned, the Spider ran cleaner and hotter through the emissions test and passed.  Since the car is 17 years old, it qualifies as a classic in NJ.  As such, once registered as a classic it doesn't have to go through emissions any longer. At least that's the plan for next years emissions checkup.
AJ in NJ
86 Spider