Re: GTV6 / Alfetta leaking into drivers compartmemt

The recent discussion about 116s leaking was timely. Our recent storm here
in CA flooded my Alfetta. It could very well be all the crud in the inside
fender
area. But concerning the flooded area:

I lifted up the carpet to dry it out and that rubber coated pad was
completely
destroyed. I pulled it all out and decided I would Dynamat and Dynaliner
this
car as well. Dynamat is a 'tarish' coating with heat shield built in that
comes in
sheets and is self gluing. Dynaliner is a foam meant to go over the Dynamat
help even more. Now the Alfetta has a tarlike coating from the factory. I'm
planning to lay the Dynamat on top and get even more sound protection. The
part that was underwater was damaged as well and the tarlike layer is
brittle and
breaks appart. I spent several hours this afternoon chipping that stuff away
and
it doesn't seem too bad as I get further away from the flooded area. It is
more
soft and tarlike further away from the area that flooded.

What I'm wondering is should I continue and remove it all, or just taper off
as
it gets better? I'm taking a break until tomorrow.

I'm also looking at these plastic plugs in the bottom of the floor. What are
they
for? I'm thinking of poking a hole in the middle of them to help drain,
since I don't
really know if I will solve the leak just yet. They don't seem to help in
the draining
as they are now.

How about poking small holes in another part of the floor? Bad idea? The
area
that collected water was just under the gas pedal; where you rest your heel.
Now, I was parked facing down on a hill, but I have to sometimes in the
hilly
areas of Oakland, here.

Thanks,
Stefano