Machining metric wheels?

First off, let's assume someone likes the look of the metric wheels -
(for the life of me, I can't remember what they look like).

If the wheels are metric 390mm, and a standard 15" wheel is 381mm, could someone with a wheel lathe turn them down to fit a standard 15" tire?  It'd take 4.5mm off - hmmmm, that's probably a bit much.

I'm gonna keep puzzlin' on this one - there's gotta be *something* that can be done with them.

- Paul Witek
CBA (Currently Between Alfas)