re: brakes

At 10:42 PM +0000 1/8/03, Fred wrote:
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 09:47:15 -0500
From: Ferdinando Di Matteo <aroctech@domain.elided>
Subject: RE>Elliot's brake problem.

I have preached many times about NOT topping up the brake fluid every
timee it looks lower than full.  See whhat Joe did?  By retracting the
pistons to install new pads he wasted a bunch of fluid and maybe even
removed some paint somewhere,  The level of fluid can tell you how worn
the pads are.  Low level means NE PADS!   As long as you can see fluid
n the reaervoir, it is enough for  braking.  Fred

Well, the reason I wasn't paying attention to the resevoir was because the fluid WAS low, but with new pads and discs up front, I had to move the pistons pretty far, which displaced a lot more fluid than I imagined.