Re: Pheonix-LA-SF

> Andrew,
> I have to second Dion's suggestion to take 101 instead of I-5. If you need
> help, you are far more likely to find help closer on
> 101. If you are able to make it past the LA County/Ventura county line (Dion's
> country), we are in Santa Barbara and I do have
> lots of tools and spares for Berlinas and  a 53 Chevy pick-up that can tow
> you. Not very fast, but in Granny gear, it'll tow a
> Greyhound bus. Once  you pass through Santa Barbara, we have lots of our
> Central Coast Alfa Club members in San Luis Obispo and
> they will help if you need it. Then you are close to the San Jose area where
> there are more ARA members who will also provide
> assistance. Bear in mind that whoever does help you, is going to charge you an
> Arm and a Leg! Hee Hee ! The 101 route might just
> be something to consider. Happy traveling with the Berlina !

Plus, Emelio at A&A (Good alfa mechanic and good guy) is right off the
freeway in Santa Barbara.  I just drove my new old Berlina north from there
along 1 to Monterey, where a cute Alfetta and my Berlina exchanged honks.
101 would be safer though if trouble is suspected.

--

Steve Thompson
Attorney at Law