164L fluid loss issues

Hi Folks,

My '91 164 is a bit leaky and hope someone may have some input as to the
fixes.

Coolant leaks very slowly (an OZ per week maybe) from the passengers side
of the engine. It's leaking toward the back of the engine on the corner.
Water pump seems okay.

Engine oil pools up between the cyclinder heads. I cannot detect where
it's coming from.  Thought it was the oil pressure sender and replaced
it. No luck.  Seems like oil loss is greatest when at capacity. Now it
seems to have stabilized midway on the dipstick.  The oil i use, Amsoil,
has the lowest NOAK rating i've seen so i doubt it's evaporation/burn-off
related.  Although every know and then when i max the engine out it does
blow black smoke, but usually only the first time (but it's alot!).
Engine runs fine, otherwise (new Oxy sensor helped surging problem go
away).

Lastly, is the drivers side driveshaft threaded which way? I'm assuming
it's right handed like all other cars I know of,but the manual does not
state which.  I've got to replace a CV boot asap.

Thanks!

Gary

Eugene Oregon