Milano rear brakes

> > Have had thoughts about blocking off the brake fluid to that unit and
> saying to hell
> > with it.
>
> Yeah, do that!
> It will give you great additional turn-in when trail-braking into tight
> right hand corners.
> Might prove a little hairy going into left hand corners, or stopping in
> a straight line, though.  Perhaps you could go oval track racing,
> anticlockwise?

so this guy walks into the garage and finds the owner. he says "one of my
brake lines is leaking and i don't have time to deal with it. if i give
you $20, will you cut it off and crimp it so it won't leak?" the owner hems
and haws, and finally tells one of his guys to it.

the guy leaves with his car, and a couple of minutes later staggers back
in. "i don't understand it. it worked the first three times."

cheers,
  richard

>so this guy walks into the garage and finds the owner. he says "one of my
>brake lines is leaking and i don't have time to deal with it. if i give
>you $20, will you cut it off and crimp it so it won't leak?" the owner hems
>and haws, and finally tells one of his guys to to it.
>
>the guy leaves with his car, and a couple of minutes later staggers back
>in. "i don't understand it. it worked the first three times."
>
>cheers,
>  richard

Just drive the car with lots of clearance between yourself and the car
in front of you; downshift and slow via engine braking; keep an escape
lane(the shoulder) to your right or left and be prepared to use it.

And for that actual stop apply the hand brake. (Everyone should try
stopping with the handbrake only it is good to know what it will / won't
 do!)  On some cars it provides little braking; just flat spots the
tires. Oh and if you use your hand brake a lot, check the cable
condition. If old and rusty, see the fourth application failure mode above.

You know, guys, if I had known my  outrageously ridiculous
proposal would generate this much funny stuff, I would have
started doing it long ago. Thanks for the belly laughs!
LOL (laughing out loud). OK, so I'll fix the damn thing, of course,
whilst utilizing the expertise of my compadre, Fred Di Matteo.
Tante grazie, Fredino!

Ed Parise