Re: RE : friends along Pheonix-LA-SF route

Andrew,
I have to second Dion's suggestion to take 101 instead of I-5. If you need help, you are far more likely to find help closer on
101. If you are able to make it past the LA County/Ventura county line (Dion's country), we are in Santa Barbara and I do have
lots of tools and spares for Berlinas and  a 53 Chevy pick-up that can tow you. Not very fast, but in Granny gear, it'll tow a
Greyhound bus. Once  you pass through Santa Barbara, we have lots of our Central Coast Alfa Club members in San Luis Obispo and
they will help if you need it. Then you are close to the San Jose area where there are more ARA members who will also provide
assistance. Bear in mind that whoever does help you, is going to charge you an Arm and a Leg! Hee Hee ! The 101 route might just
be something to consider. Happy traveling with the Berlina !
Fred Zimmermann
67 Duetto
69 Berlina
71 GTV