RE: 164 armrest removal

>So I am trying to replace my exterior driver's door handle.  I'm taking
off
>the inside door panel, and I can't figure out how to disconnect the
>interior armrest at the uppermost point (where the top of the handle
enters >the door panel.)  I figured I would ask before breaking
something...  Thank >you.

I don't remove the upper door panel or the upper armrest attachment when
I replace the interior door handles. My method is to remove the lower
attachments on the armrest. Lower the window and raise the armrest
pivoting it into position so that the work can be performed through the
window from outside the car.

Ken Stevenson	Dallas, TX
'95 Alfa Romeo 164LS
'91 Alfa Romeo 164L