=( milano verde pops out of reverse can anyone help me!! pleasee

my verde..when going into reverse somtimes just pops out and goes into
neutral....

a few weeks ago when i shiftede down to second..i heard a crunch noise...and
i realized that my rpms were to high when i down shifted to second...anyway i
never shifted with high rpms again......but do you think that is the reason
why my shifter pops into neutral when im going into reverse.

                sincerely john