Re: L-Jet wiring

te: Wed, 01 Jan 2003 23:52:29 -0500
From: Joe Elliott <jee@domain.elided>
Subject: L-Jet wiring

>Can anyone tell me if the shield wire for the oxygen sensor (pin 23 on the
ECU, IIRC) is supposed to have continuity with the actual signal wire for
the oxygen sensor (pin 24).  I'm thinking not.  But then again, I don't
really understand this whole shield wire thing, or the associated notation
on the wiring diagram.<

Thanks,
Joe Elliott
'82 GTV6

Joe, I don't know for sure about that particular wire but any shielded wiring
I have ever messed with consists of a a center conductor (s) which is the wire
that carries the current from one place to another and a wire mesh shield that
is wrapped around the outside and is normally grounded at both ends.
There should be no direct connection between the center conductor and the
shield.
But, if you leave one end of the wire connected and read from the other end
with a meter you could well read continuity or a very low resistance thru the
component that you are connected to.

Skip
67 Duetto
Norfolk Va